Welcome back to this weeks Thursday Thoughts! Today, we are going to countdown the Top 10 Female Independent Country Artists.
This list is going to be very similar to our first list. The first list really pissed some people off, so there’s no doubt this one will too! But hey guess what, this is based on a few things. How you have treated me, talent, and how you conduct yourself in conversation and contact when we have it. It’s really that simple. Am I going to miss people? Yup! Is it intentional? Not in all cases. If you were left off the list, honestly, it’s probably because I forgot, overlooked (not on purpose) or our connection just isn’t there. Sorry, maybe you’ll be on the next list. I did notice though tat all of these women except one has been on the show. Interesting.
Making this list was hard as fuck, no word of a lie, the numbering system is almost arbitrary as well. I could go on for days about all of this, but this is the best list and best representation of Women in Independent Country music.
Ok here we go….
10) Kate Boytek – What can I say about this West Virginia native other than, if you don’t know about her, what the hell are you doing? Kate was on our show a while ago, and her conversation is one of my top 5 favorites when it comes to a conversation. It was absolutely fantastic and everything this show is to be about. She has some singles out there on the digital platforms you should check out. She has quite the voice and a hell of a personality that really comes out in our episode! Kate is a 10, ha, see what I did there, cause she’s also number 10 … no? Fine whatever. Anyway, check out Kate you won’t be disappointed.
9) Chelsea Sulkey – Damn, yo Chelsea is MY GIRL! She is the absolute sweetest and one of our first handful of shows I believe. Her song ‘On Fire’ is probably one of my top 5 indie country songs of all time. This girl is a power house! If you follower her socials, you see she’s not afraid to deal with issues head on and she’s a goddamn super hero. She’s always been super sweet to me and very responsive. I am still a little upset she’s moved out of New York and I can’t see her in August when I am there, but I guess, another reason to take a trip to Nashville.
8) Kirstie Kraus – When I think about Kirstie I think about a young lady who absolutely works her ass off. Her songs are fire, she helps with a rival podcast … I guess we’ll forgive you there … and just does her thing. She has done a lot with us here as well. Her take overs on our page have gotten some of the biggest views and we absolutely love talking to her and pushing what she has out. Check out Kirstie, you won’t be disappointed.
7) Taylor Hughes – This weeks guest obviously is on the list right? Hell yeah she is!! Taylor’s powerhouse vocals and love for all things bourbon has her where she is. She’s also been one of the most caring supportive people of us here at the Boots & Whiskey Podcast. She gets back to us quickly and very grateful. My favorite thing is being able to talk bourbon with her and learn so much I never had known before. If you haven’t already go check out this weeks episode for more about her!
6) Payton Howie – I had heard about Payton a year ago now. Our friend Liam Coleman and her were roommates at one point if I remember correctly and he suggested we get in contact with her and my god are we glad we did. This girl has a no BS approach to her career and her music. She has an attitude that you don’t want to cross the wrong way. She is fierce, independent and someone who won’t take no for an answer. We love her attitude and her music and her desire and grit to keep going!
5) Taylor O’Connor – Tay Oco as she is listed in my phone, is a Massachusetts native who is an absolute sneaky powerhouse. She’s played in all kinds of bad ass rooms in Nashville, and if you’re ever in the area check her out, because she’s not to be missed! Her latest song ‘Back’ is absolutely fire and if you haven’t done so yet, go take a listen.
4) Dariann Leigh – Maybe the best known or recognized name on the list in the independent world, Dariann is absolutely killing in Nashville. She really has what it takes to be a “star” in the very near future. She has a team that’s behind her 100% and her music just speaks for itself. Dariann and I don’t have the “closest” friendship, but her talent alone has her in the top 5, not gonna lie.
3) Maddye Trew – Damn this is a hard one to put at number 3 only because her and I and her team have become sooooo close. This girl could easily be number 1. Why isn’t she then? I don’t know? Like I said the numbers are totally arbitrary. Legit, this is the only person on this list that came onto the Spotify playlist and I had to re listen because I couldn’t believe her. Her latest tune ‘Dear Loretta’ is the perfect love letter to a Queen from someone who surely can be a Queen someday. Maddye is force and if she keeps releasing tunes at the level she is, damn, look out!
2) April Cushman – The heart and soul of Swanzye NH! April is probably the best song writer on this list. Her latest album ‘The Long Haul’ is absolutely fantastic top to bottom. She was just in Nashville playing some great spots and is moments from really breaking out and everyone knowing who April Cushman is. IF you’re in Nashville and haven’t hear of April yet, do yourself a favor and check her out!
1) Taylor Austin Dye – Here we are number one. TAD as she is so affectionately referred to as, was one of the first episodes we did. I have a huge soft spot in my heart for this girl. She has done some absolutely incredible stuff over the last year musically as well. Her social media presence is absolutely insane and she has everything in the works to be the next “big thing”
Did I miss your favorite female independent country music artist? Sorry! Send them my way and we can do another list soon!
Thanks for reading and we’ll see ya’ll next week!
Thank you all for reading along and listening to the show. Check us out on Spotify, Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter all of the above. And check out our website at http://www.bootsandwhiskeyentertainment.com
5 thoughts on “Top 10 Independent Female Country Artists Right Now”